Hi Gary and All,
--- "Dr. Gary Nelson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have seen a unit with this sort of rotor in a city
> near
> Clearwater Florida. Rotor was mounted vertically --
> that is
> axis of rotation was vertical eliminating any wind
> direction
> dependence.
    Where might that one be as I live about 60 mile
from there?

> Looks feasible to me
    While it may work I have to wonder about it from
his power out graphs. At 5 mph he says it puts out 500
watts which is physically impossible. A blade turning
and putting out power are two different things. Much
of its blade area won't be of any use also because of
it's angle.
   Also centrifical forces on the unit would be great
in high winds and the mounts the blade attaches to
looks heavy and complicated. A normal 2 blade unit
would be more eff and cheaper for the same power.
             jerry dycus