Marc,
         In NZ while containers are loaded by overhead cranes at the
container terminal (wharf) most transport is then by speciallly fitted semis
which have hydraulic hoists front and back which can unload and reload fully
laden containers by lifting them over the side and onto the tray. They even
lift 40 foot containers this way. Although I have never seen them overseas
like this I am sure they are identical. I dont know what the weight limits
are but there used to be a 20 ton limit including container on 20 foot
containers so the roads they travelled over didnt get damaged too much when
combined with the weight of the semi as well.. I think that limit may now
have been raised a bit or maybe its just that people choose to ignore it and
risk the traffic fines if they get pulled up. When I had a factory in
Onehunga back in 1989 my neighbours next door used to have regular shipments
of 40' containers which were put on the berm and the footpath outside right
alongside a side door where things were loaded or unloaded. I know the 40'
containers had a lighter limit which was about 30 ton off memory. With an
experienced operator it was possible to put the container exactly where you
wanted it as well. When loading the container it was placed almost alongside
the door leaving no gap so nothing could disappear.
All up there is no way I can see a small biod plant weighing more than 10
ton so I cant see any problem there.
B.r.,  David