John,.
        Yes they are virtually the same thing although there are minor
differences. (See previous e-mails). Anybody who has fitted them and used
them knows they work. In the short time I have been involved with them I
have come across instances of mechanics removing them and trying to convince
the customer they were the cause of totally unrelated problems so the work
keeps coming in. I dont suppose you can blame them to a degree. So many
people have a stake in planned obsolescence and vehicles breaking  down,
using oil etc etc. that they are not going to shoot themselves in the foot
to do themselves out of work, a job, or sales. There are already trucks
using MIL-MACs in Aus that have done the mileages you mention. In the States
there are trucks that have done 1.5 million miles without oil drains back in
1998. If they are still on the road they will have done over 3 million km.
Trucks like this belong to Shell, Gulf Oil etc, but they are not about to
tell you this; their business is selling oil not using it afterall. If you
yourself have used them you know they work. MIL-MAC make both Oil and Fuel
Filters and if you are running a diesel vehicle they complement each other
giving you better performance again with synergistic effect. When I first
found out about them I had my doubts as well but it didnt take me long after
I fitted the first one to my own car to realize and know they work. Fluid
Analysis has further verified that. Frantz have been around since the early
60s and MIL-MAC for at least 14 years I believe but how many people out
there amongst the general public in America, Australia or elsewhere know
anything about them. There was a local version here called Fluidyne back in
the 80s but if you asked the average kiwi I bet you would be lucky to find 2
to3% of the population who had ever heard of them let alone know how they
work. MIL-MAC does not have a website. (See previous e-mails). If you want
one I can sell you one and at best there will only be a few dollars in it.
B.r.,  David