From: Crabb, David [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 12:35 PM
To: 'biofuel@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: RE: [biofuel] Digest Number 459

 Im not saying there is hole.. not saying there isnt..
not saying global warming exists..not saying it doesnt.

All I know is that in the late 70s.. they were talking about us going into
an ice age..
studies and readings said so...
because they thought the pollution in the atmosphere was reflecting the suns
energy..

So now the bandwagon is that it is warming..  what happened to the evidence
of cooling in the 70s?

My personal is that the earth heats and cools in cycles.. hotter and
cooler.. and each cycle is on a larger cycle..  so it is hard to tell.

Dumping a bunch of crap into the Atmosphere cant be good though.

as to 1968.. i thought they first discovered the "hole" in the early 80s ??

   >>Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 20:43:24 -0600
   >>   From: "kirk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   >>Subject: RE: Climate Change Debate at the Oxford Union
   >>
   >>We are told the ozone hole is due to atmospheric chlorine, not energy
   >>consumption. Man's contribution to the atmospheric chlorine is 1/2 of
1%.
   >>(1/200th) Its like saying a robin flying in front of a tornado is the
reason
   >>you lost your roof.
   >>The largest measured ozone hole was in 1968 which is inconsistent with
man
   >>made causes.
   >>The next biggest hole was after the eruption of Pinatubo. Stratospheric
   >>chlorine is enormously affected by volcanic eruption. Man's
contribution is
   >>miniscule in comparison.

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.