>      Cattail roots have high ethanol yeild potential, much
>higher than J. artichokes, anybody doing this? I'm thinking
>of a cattail/crayfish culture combo (in the South they do
>rice/crayfish, but rice isn't feasible in the north).
>

>http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/duke_energy/Typha.html#Energy
>
>--
>Harmon Seaver, MLIS
>CyberShamanix
>Work 920-203-9633   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Home 920-233-5820 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Harmon

James Duke's an eye-opener, eh? We've hardly scratched the surface of
this stuff. Strange he never published that book though. At least
it's online, with the other good stuff at New Crops. There are some
other good databases here, though maybe you know them:
http://journeytoforever.org/farm_link3.html#data
Small farm resources

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever