i fully realize that this is basically a discussion forum, not a posting
board for eccentric experiments. still, i find that one way of defending a
position in a discussion is by describing the results obtained in actual
trials.

i find that there are theorists who will either support or reject a given
idea without ever having tried it out.

and then i find that there are those who will try the idea out, and find it
did work for them, or that it did not.

the first posture is an invitation to extended exchange of arguments, the
participants choosing feeling over facts.

the second posture promotes feedback, and further testing, either for or
against. this attitude chooses facts over feelings.

of all the postings on magnets, and fuel economy, the only posting i've read
so far that is pretty much factual is john li's. it's missing some
information, which i will request in the post itself, but otherwise is
straightforward and to the point. it makes no assumptions, just shares
results.

i think this sort of attitude is of greater benefit to all of us, than
sterile discussions based on feelings.

thanks john for trying it out, and sharing with us. more in your post.

 From: "John Li" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Re: magnets in fuel line.

I tried it in my Nissan Pathfinder V6 EFI 1995 model, and got a smoother
running engine.  It felt like you are adding octane booster to the fuel
tank.  Here is how I did it.

I placed an extremely powerful magnet (one that can cause small injuries if
you are not careful), 1x2x1/4in., on top of the fuel line (rubber) after the
fuel filter and before the injectors and taped it.. The result was an
instant smoother engine.  I tried to drive it around and it was really
smoother and quiieter.  It might just be my imagination .  The next day, I
put another magnet on the opposite side of the first magnet. So the rubber
hose was already in between the 2 magnets.  I taped the magnets together,
thinking it would further improve the smoothness or increase the power. But
the result was the opposite.  The power and smoothness was lesser than when
using one magnet only.  So now, I removed the magnet below and left the one
on top, as is, and still enjoyed the smoothness of the engine.  I still
can't believe it worked.  I did not do any adjustment.

*questions john :

1) type magnet ? (ie ceramic, etc)
2) origin of same (model, etc. if available)
3) i take it your fuel line feeds all injectors ? i am not familiar with
your engine's layout.
4) how far from the nearest injector did you place the magnet ?
5) did you do a polarity test, if yes, what pole was in contact with the
fuel line
6) when you put the other magnet on, did you again do a polarity test, or at
least check to see if the magnets attracted or repelled each other ?
7) i assume the magnets did not touch ?
8) notice any difference when starting the engine ?
9) notice any difference in the idling speed ? (i personally don't think
this is significant. all engines i've worked on run rich at idle)
10) was more low end torque available ?

*thanks for the time john. off to the farm, will eagerly read the postings
come next saturday.

*regards to all, dick.

*ps : please notice my elegant, time saving, considerate