From: John Li [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 29 May 2001 4:37 PM
To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [biofuel] Re: magnets in fuel line.

Attn Steve,

I am very particular of the true octane rating of the gasoline. My vehicle
which I tested with the magnet is a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder equipped with an
anti- knock compensator in which a sensor that detects 'pings' or 'knocks'
would automatically retard the engine timing in order to eliminate knocking.
The whole system is done by an on-board  computer that controls the EFI and
others.  The gasoline octane required by my car is 90 octane and above.  The
highest octane rating available here in the Philippines is 97octane, which
supposedly will not cause any knocking.  But it does, especially during
acceleration.  So I have reason to believe that the petroleum companies are
cheating the consumers and would presume that the octane rating is below 90.
Otherwise with my car's requirement of 90 octane, there should be no
knocking observed.  So after the attachment of the magnet, the knocking
sound was eliminated and it felt like you are adding octane booster.  If you
still question my knowledge of the octane booster, let me tell you that I
used to add avgas (aviation gasoline for the planes) which has an octane
ratng of 100.  I had to buy it at the airport and added it to my fuel tank.
The result was the same as when I put the magnet. As I mentioned earlier, it
is quieter and smoother especially during acceleration.  I decided to test
this magnet thing because there are too many discussions made that I almost
decided to 'unsubscribe'.  I heard of this magnet thing 10 years ago, never
tried it because I did not believe it.  Last March, in one of Japan's
leading off-road magazine called "4x4 Magazine", on page 103, there was an
article entitled "Environmental Friendly and Powerful" which featured a
Mitsubishi Delica Star Wagon with 4D56 diesel engine equipped with a strong
magnet.  It says  "strong magnet reduced the amount of black smoke from the
exhaust.  If you want more power, but if you end up spouting with lots of
black smoke, that would be a problem.  Power Green is a product that uses
strong magnetism to alter fuel at the atomic level and it can be easily be
fitted into your car by cutting and inserting it into fuel line.  It has the
effect of cutting down black smoke."  I was intrigued by this article but
the thought just passed  by until last week when you wrote that you did not
believe in this ( and neither did I.  I was never a believer because I have
already wasted so much time and money in fuel devices as mini turbo charger,
putting lead in the fuel tank, buying expensive sparkplugs, etc.) and I
decided to test it by myself because I had 2 very powerful magnets which I
purchased from Kuffman Surplus in Orange County California in 1994. I asked
the storekeeper where it came from.  He did not know.  It is so powerful
that one should be very careful not to be pinned especially between 2 pices
of these magnets. And if you are questioning again about octane rating, I
had been testing that avgas fuel with 100 octane with my older car which was
a Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 twin carburetor with compression ratio of 9.5:1
which required an octane rating of 97.  I seldom used the car coz I could
only buy the fuel when I went to the airport.  And the knock of the car when
I used commercial fuel from the pumping station which they claimed to
contain 97octane, was like hell.  I had to manually readjust the ignition
timing (retard).  The specification was 10degrees +- 2 degrees.  But I had
to retard it to 5 degrees.  The result was loss of power and stalling during
acceleration. I have been trying it for several years, by adjusting and
adding additives. Everytime I used avgas, I set it at 10 degrees.  No knock
and a very smooth running engine.  Re the magnet, I just tried it 1 week
ago, before I wrote to the group.  So it's up to you to believe it or not.
If you want more info re the article in the JApanese magazine, just write to
me.  I came to join this group in the hope of finding some info about
coconut oil for biodiesel.  Actually I am a very busy guy who is gathering
information about cocodiesel and minding my own business.  But I was
challenged to try this magnet thing. And before I unsubscribe (because I
cannot read all the mails that have been flooding my inbox), I would just
like to share what I experienced.

That's all, folks.
John