I have some info on the FA comp of Coconut oil  compared with palm and
canola.
Firstly the FA comp varies with the variety and the season in all species.

Coco nut is mainly:
 Lauric 46.2% C12:0,(no double bonds)
Miristic 18.6% C14:0,
Palmitic 10.3% C16:0,
Stearic 13.1% C18:0.

Palm (there are two main species with several cultivars)
C12:0-  0.2%,
C14:0-  1.0%,
C16:0-39.7%,
C18:0-  4.5%,
C18:1-42.5%,(one double bond)
C18:2-11.5%,(two double bonds)
C18:3-   0.2%,(three double bonds)
C20:0-   0.4%,
C22:0-    0.2%.

Canola (Ebony)typical
C16:0-  4.0%,
C16:1-  0.3%,
C18:0-  2.0%,
C18:1-62.3%,
C18:2-18.3%,
C18:3-  9.6%,
C20:0-  0.7%,
C20:1-  1.3%,
C20:2-  0.1%,
C22:0-  0.6%,
C22:1-  0.1%,
C24:0-  0.2%,
C24:1-  0.2%,
Sat 7.5%

It seems that the average chain length of coconut fatty acids is shorter and
has very few double bonds compared with palm or canola.
Nearly half of the esters from Coconut may be expected to derive from a
straight chain 12 carbons long.
Esters from palm oil may derive from carbon chains that range from 16 to 18
many with double bonds.
Canola esters may be derived from chains with one or two double bonds that
are predominantly 18 carbons in length.
 I guess that means that we may expect that esters derived from Coconut
would be significantly shorter than esters from some other sources- that
should mean a lower melting point.
The lack of double bonds may affect the melting properties as well, I
suspect that hydrogen bonding may be more prevalent in esters with double
bonds. Of course with my memory I could have that backwards, just seems
logical.
Regards Harry