i dont know that i agree that there would be any more
of a feed meal glut than there is right now. all the
grain that is being produced in this country today is
being marketed to every conceivable use there
currently is and we still have an oversupply.
currently if commodity prices are high the grain
farmer sell his produce to the majority of his crop or
all anyone will take to food production and the
livestock feeders get what is left, this causes high
feed prices to the people feeding livestock and low
livestock prices, on the other hand if commodities
prices are low it then becomes more feasible to market
their grain through the livestock because feed is
cheap and more often than not when feedstocks are
depressed, livestock markets are up.
 i am no economist and certainly not as educated as
most of you on here seem to be, that is just my humble
viewpoint from out here in the country where all of
this stuff takes place. what i guess i am trying to
say is that there is more than one way to market
grains and oilseeds, and one more way, ie ethanol and
biodiesel
production only gives one more option of a way to
market a product that we seem able to produce an
abundance of. and hey, if the point comes to where
grains or other fermenting stocks are too expesive to
use for fuel, i would be willing to bet there will be
someone willing to fire up a crude oil refinery and
ease our econmic woes and the cycle could start all
over again.