Today I compared the viscosity of two samples of BD with three oils
that I have used as damping fluid in the forks of my race-bike. To
empty a 5ml pippet took:
BD1---------8sec
BD2---------9secs
2.5wt oil---17sec
5wt oil ----34sec
Extra light (custom blend)--10secs-(my favorite if I could afford it.)
I pay up to $40.00/litre for the standard oils and change 1.5litres
every 3000kms. Light oils with good lubricating properties that don't
foam or harden seals are hard to come by. The lighter the oil the
less heat build up. I'll modify the damping circuit and try a BD
blend next change.
Regards Harry