Subj:    RE: [biofuel] are nuclear plants really resistant to attacks?
Date:   9/14/2001 4:20:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (kirk)
To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com

It is my understanding that 3 mile Island is one of the very few that will
withstand a jetliner. This was the result of a legal action brought by an
activist in the area. The suit was based on the fact the powerplant was in a
flight path. I was told that is why 3 Mile Island didn't rupture during its
failure-- as the standard building would have under the same conditions.
This information was given me by Doctor Romanowski (PhD) Berkeley.

Kirk