Nuclear plants are little more safe than a local sewage treatment plant in
the event of cataclysmic attack.

Lot of good a "a few meters" of concrete are going to do.

Let's see... A couple of fissures here or there... A few fractured cooling
lines... Loss of coolant... Exposed fuel rods... A control room of welded
metal, seared flesh and short circuited systems...

Hurricane Andrew put Turkey Point on the brink of a near melt situation - A
bit less of an unexpected "blow" than a multi-ton Molatov or a multi-megaton
missile. (Odd that. The concrete containment building remained fully
intact.)

How in the hell anyone can with clear conscience lay claim that a nuclear
plant is safe from aerial attack, much less nuclear attack, and beyond all
but limitted concern is completely beyond me.

Such brashness ranks right up there with flagging down a speeding train
while standing in the middle of the tracks.

Unfortunately, some are naive enough to believe it. Others are foolish
enough to regurgitate it. Still others are ignorant (that's "to ignore what
one knows") enough to espouse it.

Too bad a nuclear catastrophe is not genetically selective for foolishness
and ignorance. If it were, perhaps we could strengthen the human gene pool a
bit.

Todd
Appal Energy

The Nissan Sentra