Not sure of the year, but here it is:

"The first Porsches, named after its Austrian makers, were built in Austria
before the company moved to Germany in 1949.Ê Ferdinand Porsche had worked
for Lohner, Austrian manufacturers of motorcars and later scooters, and
developed a revolutionary electric car.Ê Because batteries were only
suitable for short distances, Porsche also developed the first hybrid car
using a gasoline engine that powered a generator which, in turn,
electrically charged the motors residing within the wheel hubs.Ê Trucks
using this system were successfully used in the mountains by the Austrian
artillery."

http://www.virtualvienna.net/colums/billie/automuseums.html