Dana,

you wrote:

> A major part of any conversion is warming the SVO to
> around 170*F in order to lower its' viscosity to that
> of diesel. This must be done so there is not undue
> strain on the injector pump and to minimize deposits
> in the combustion chamber. So far  I am aware of  four
> ways of doing this.

But you then went on to discuss warming of the lines, not the tank. I plan
on a custom tank for SVO/WVO  with a false bottom filled with coolant - most
people use a copper loop inside the SVO tanK.

> I am sure I have missed some method of warming the SVO
> lines and bringing the SVO to 170*F. Any other methods
> out there?

Racor sells electrically heated fuel lines - 12v. I'm considering that
because I don't like the idea of heater hoses running from the engine to the
rear SVO tank in an off-highway vehicle. Racor has one that's 150 watts,
which is 12.5 volts - not too bad a draw, especially if you're only turning
the line heater on when starting and when very cold.

Racor also sells a coolant-filled heat exchanger style of fuel line heater -
I guess you'd call that a demand heater, or point of use heater - that could
be located in the engine compartment to further heat the SVO right before
final filtration.

Then there are Racor's (and I promise I don't work for Racor) fuel
filters/water sedimenters (with alarms to alert you via dash light if the
water valve needs draining) that have optional heater bowls.

And, lastly, the Greasecar kit has a  coolant-filled copper loop wound
around the outside of a large truck-type (or Racor-type) fuel filter to do
the same heating chores.

> Please add them so we have as complete a starting
> point as possible for those interested in conversion.

Thanks for starting this thread!

Craig

> Dana

> or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com

> Please do NOT send "unsubscribe" messages to the list address.
> To unsubscribe, send an email to:

Quit now for Great
American Smokeout
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0vN8tD/9pSDAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM