Craig,
I don't like the possability of mixing coolant with
SVO either. I have a cheaper, simpler way than a
custom tank though. It is not original though as I
have just recieved a link to a commercially avilable
unit that is nearly identical to what I have designed.
The Webb "Hotstick". This is the link.

www.webb-sales.com/product_fueltank.htm

On your filter post...

I don't see why one would have to use any filter other
than the one already on the vehicle if you filter to 5
microns prior to putting in tank. From my experience
it is much simpler and (again) cheaper to do so. I am
about to post a description of my "cheap and easy" WVO
filter unit. Might be useful. Of course ther is more
than one way to skin a cat...as they say.

Dana
--- craig reece <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dana,
>
> I realize that you are trying to avoid heating the
> fuel tank, but on the
> subject of heating the tank: I don't like the idea
> of a coolant loop inside
> the tank - the possibility of intermixing of coolant
> and SVO scares me. So
> I'm having a stainless tank built with a false
> bottom approx. 1" deep x the
> footprint of the tank, to be filled with coolant
> (and pressure-tested for
> leaks at the welds between the "two tanks" -  where
> the false bottom welds
> inside the tank.)
>
> snip

or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com

Unlimited calling with 3-way conferencing. Only $1/Mo.
with CrystalVoice! FREE trial. Click Here.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hb1xVB/HxbDAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM