My, I just asked where all the women were, and Presto! Welcome Joanne.

If you look here, you'll find a section on Ethanol biodiesel, and,
below, on Anhydrous ethanol, which should help:
http://journeytoforever.org/ethanol_link.html
Ethanol resources on the Web

Also been a lot of previous discussion on this here, try an archives search.

Please let us know if you find anything you think might be
interesting for the group. Thanks!

Best

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
Handmade Projects
Osaka, Japan
http://journeytoforever.org/

>Hi,
>
>I a fourth year Chemical Engineering student and have been
>researching different methods of dehydrating ethanol that has been
>produced from maize.
>
>The plan is to stop the distillation at 90% and continue the
>dehydration with an appropriate technique.
>
>During my research I have found that the use of molecular sieves is
>widespread, however the companies who provide them tend to design a
>unit specific to that particular sieve. They have proved very
>unhelpful with regards to advice, ideas for flowsheets etc.
>
>I have also looked into pervaporation.
>
>Does anyone have any comments that would assist me, or any other
>methods that I could employ?
>
>Many thanks,
>
>joanne Duff

Monitoring Service trial