Motie writes:

>I think home brewers have a distinct advantage over commercial-level
>volumes, because home facilities can use wasteproducts, and perhaps
>even get paid for disposal.
>  How much would it cost you to hire someone to make Oil pickups for a
>plant to produce 1000 gallons/day? How far from home would you have
>to go to gather that much waste? The cost of collection and transport
>would not be worthwhile.
>If you simply gather up what is readily available in the course of
>your normal activities, the cost is much less.

Economics get all counter-intuitive when a resource is widely/thinly
distributed -- sunlight is another great example. What's interesting
about vegoil is that it starts out very concentrated and expensive, and
ends up widely distributed but of poor quality. Wouldn't it be nice if
there was a widely distributed oil crop that was of little food use, so
that good quality oil could be had in small quantities anywhere.
Something like acorns, pinenuts, gopher plant, or perhaps a weed we're
not paying attention to. And I don't mean jatropha, or jojoba, or cuphea,
or anything you have to PLANT -- then it just becomes another agribusiness.
I mean an already existing weed. Any ideas?

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DlIU9C/4m7CAA/Ey.GAA/FGYolB/TM