On Sun, 26 May 2002 12:10:09 +0900, you wrote:

>Hello Murdoch
>>I saw no info on this at journeyforever.org,
>
>Why would you expect to see info on it there?

Because I saw a collection of news stories which seem give some news
stories of where major diesel issues or advances appear, though on
second-glance those stories don't appear much to follow individual
politicians and their taking-up of the issue.

http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_future.html

>That's hardly its
>focus. First, it's not a newsfeed, though there are newsfeeds on the
>main Biofuels page, and more newsfeeds at Tim Castleman's site at
>fuelandfiber.com. Second, we're a Third World rural development
>project, doings in the industrialised countries are peripheral to us.

That's fine, I won't treat it as a news feed or as having a primary
interest in industrialized country stuff.  It simply happens to be the
only biofuel page I've been to in the last few months.

>>but I wonder where this
>>all stands now.  He was making some really cutting remarks about Bush
>>Administration Energy policies, and then a lot of his momentum was
>>stopped by the diesel issue.
>
>We've discussed this here before, quite a few times. At various times
>list members have attempted to counter the anti-diesel,
>anti-biodiesel stance of the likes of Club Sierra, NRDC, EDF etc. I
>think we may have had some success in specific cases, but they keep
>on doing it.

I think countering those efforts is relevant and interesting, and your
discussion of past discussions seems interesting, but my question was
meant to be much narrower than that.  I was simply asking the status
of Kerry's efforts and how he was being treated by those groups on
that issue.  I was not asking the status of the anti-diesel-bashing
effort in general.

By the way, largely because of yahoo's email switching-around, I was
not monitoring this for some of the times you seem to be referencing.

Kwick Pick opens locked car doors,
front doors, drawers, briefcases,
padlocks, and more. On sale now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ehaLqB/Fg5DAA/Ey.GAA/FGYolB/TM