What I get out of this is that you're saying it's a project that needs
doing.  I am not sure that I am up to it so I will not volunteer at
this time.  That gives me personally a mental list of 2.5:

Posting Weekly Ethanol Pricing (since none is readily available
anywhere).
Cleaning up my ethanol page (which I posted because I was tired of the
helpful messages I saw on HIPC going the way of all chat messages).
Putting up a clearing-up-biodiesel misconceptions page.

I put up an ethanol page about 6 months ago:
http://www.herecomesmongo.com/ae/CH3CH2OH.html
and have since added, above and below, a few of the posts I found
here.  It is more a place for me to keep things than necessarily
intended to help others.  It started out as a response to an
acquaintance of mine.  I don't care if anyone here hates it, but if
someone has some constructive comment, I suppose that could help.

As to Kerry, he's neither going away, nor is his staff completely
incompetent to some of these battles (I guess they'd qualify as
researchers... quasi-reporters... in your scenario)...but you're
probably right that he's taken more heat than he might want and will
take some more for his stance in diesel (he did point out when he was
asked to defend his stance.... as to the cleaner nature of Euro
Diesel).