----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael S Briggs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <biofuel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 09:41
Subject: Re: [biofuel] The BBC has been fooled by a CIA set up...NOT

> On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Hakan Falk wrote:
>

> > also
> > be a surprise to you that Soviet lost 100 on every allied soldier killed
and

> Yup, that was unfortunate. Of course, that number (I think the Soviet
> Union lost 25 million people roughly) also includes a very large number of
> non-military personnel.

Don't forget the Soviet Union would send in a battalion of men with maybe 2
dozen pistols, a dozen rifles, and 1 or 2 tanks ( if the battalion was
lucky ) because they had a bad weapon shortage ( this almost lost them the
war ), the rest of the men were expected to pick up the weapons of there
fallen comrades and captured enemy weapons. Tactics like this, lead to mass
combat fatalities.

If I remember right, the Soviet Union and Germany did not sign the Geneva
Convention regarding each others solders, so prisoners were treated worse
than other wise and many died for this reason alone.

Greg H.

Sell a Home for Top $
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/MVfIAA/FGYolB/TM