Dear Mike,

Yes, in US you can always tell the truth without being worried and as
citizens of free countries it is something we can be proud of. But if it is
not the truth or you cannot prove it, they will sue your pants off in the
US. But do not be overly worried in this case.

Hakan

At 12:27 PM 10/3/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Curtis Sakima wrote:
>
> > Well, the problem you run into is that ... who defines
> > tyrant??  In most cases, it's the media.
> >
> > Why is it that our media is referred to as "the media"
> > ... while other countries' media is often referred to
> > as "so-and-so's PROPAGANDA MACHINE"??
>
>It's only referred to as propaganda in countries where the media is state
>controlled, and state run. In most of the western world (and some
>countries in the rest of the world), the press is free to say what it
>wants. In the US (or other free countries), I could go on the news and say
>"George Bush is dumber than a pile of dog fesces". In most Arab nations,
>they can say the same thing - but they can't say it about their own
>leaders. When the state decides what "news" can be run, it ceases to be
>"the media".
>
>Mike

Sell a Home for Top $
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/MVfIAA/FGYolB/TM