--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Hakan Falk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I will interpose my comments.

> If I was a lawmaker in US, I would try the following,
>
> 1. Introduce legislation that encouraged or forced the development
of multi
> fuel engines. This would stop the new ULS technologies to be a
weapon to
> maintain the position of the oil industry. It would encourage fuel
> flexibility and open up more possibilities for the society and the
people.

I think I can foresee a problem with multi-fueled engines. They
would, by necesity, be a 'compromise'. Not as efficient when running
on Diesel as an engine designed specifically for Diesel, and not as
efficient on gasoline as one built for gasoline only. Manufacturers
are already hard pressed to meet fuel-economy/emmissions standards.

> 2. I would put in place tax incentives and subsidies to get the bio
fuel
> industry to move much faster. This way I probably would achieve the
> environmental advantages of ULS in the same time frame, but with
less oil
> dependence.

It isn't tax incentives or subsidies that are needed. It is the
burdensome regulations that prevent any meaningful development. I
don't mean to imply that the regulations should be ignored, but that
bureaucrats should be much more timely in the processing of them. 18
months for an air-quality permit is excessive! The permitting process
is also in a consecutive order. You can't apply for all the needed
Permits concurrently. By the time one gets half way through the
permit process, either the initial permits have expired, or the
qualifying standards have changed. Investors are very difficult to
find/keep in this scenario.
 Politically connected entities routinely proceed without permits,
and get away with it. It's cheaper to pay fines and penalties than it
is to wait for the permits. Non-politically connected entities go to
jail for it.

> The above seems to be the route in Europe and if not it should be.
>
> I would achieve the following,
>
> 1. My party had to stop talking to me, in order to get the
important funding.

> 2. I would not have enough money to be reelected.
>
> 3. It would not be a job opening, when I left politics.

I believe you have an accurate grasp of the current situation!

> Hakan

 Motie

Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/MVfIAA/FGYolB/TM