>Hehehe, well, I wish it were that cut and dry. Hence
>the reason I use both. Unlike the adds, I can't do everything
>I need to do on one machine. I use one for music, surfing,
>and graphics. The PC for Trading stocks, programming
>Pic processors and programming math apps. I've been
>using both and programming on both since I was 10 years
>old. I am now 32. They both crash about the same. They
>are both about the same speed although my G4 has dual
>867's, the PC has 1.5ghz single. They both are made
>from cheap parts from Asia, and yet they both do what
>I need them to do. I would however love do to a poll with
>users of both machines. I am sure we would find very
>liberal people mostly using Mac. But I've been wrong before.
>
>We can debate this over normal email if you like however.
>I'm always up for some good nerd talk = ) I'm sure the list
>would appreciate it as well.
>
>Tad

Probably they would - too bad!

I think 18 years, not 22. They both first came out in 1984, which is
when I started using them (both). In 1984 I used PCs to run Hong
Kong's first fully computerised magazine production set-up. Then we
got a Mac to test, and that was that. I still use PCs sometimes, when
I have to, but I grumble a lot, takes me twice as long. My partner
Midori uses PCs quite a lot, just as expert on both, but she sneers
at PCs. We both concentrate on information processing, which covers
quite a wide range, but no programming. To each his own, eh?

My main complaint is that people who use Windoze don't seem to learn
much. Not even how to copy and paste, sometimes. You see all those
urls people *type*, and get them wrong?? LOL! You can't help learning
with a Mac, you're hardly aware it's happening. It's a pity, for
instance, that so many people don't know how to handle the
information on an email list very well. Like this one - average 25
messages a day, not very high volume, but people leave because
they're getting "swamped". Others complain about bandwidth, but I
suspect that's often because their in-box gets clogged. Others want
to be topic cops and complain about all the "other" stuff - same
problem, I think. Others yet advise them to use the Delete key - but
why? You keep no record that way, build up no resources. Then they
come back later saying they've "lost" this email address or that url
from a previous message. That's not how to use computers. These are
also the ones who don't see the disadvantages of web boards. Wanna
bet which platform they use?

Best

Keith

>At 02:27 PM 10/30/02 +0900, you wrote:
> > >LMAO, sorry, just seems that most of the conspiracy theories
> > >come from that end of the spectrum. I own both Apple and PC,
> > >but all my Apple friends always have funny ideas about these
> > >things. God love em, they always seem to give me a good laugh.
> > >No offence intended = )
> > >
> > >Tad
> >
> >:-)
> >
> >I find the opposite - a lot of info-professionals use Macs, for good
> >reason. And they (we) aren't usually into conspiracism. On the other
> >hand, I guess you can't really blame people who use a virus-magnet
> >like Windoze for thinking someone's out to get them. After all,
> >someone already did, LOL!
> >
> >Keith

Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/jd3IAA/FGYolB/TM