Hello Vern

>No Harmon, I will not be taking up a collection for you so that you can
>leave. Money is not something that stands between a man and his freedom.
>Many people have migrated with only the cloths on their backs when they
>felt that it was the right thing to do. Many in Europe were killed by
>repressive governments that would not let them leave, shot going over the
>wall as it were. So if you have any strength of conviction you would just
>go, find a place that fits you and go there it is not hard because in the
>USA you have the pure freedom to leave if you wish it is your right, but it
>is up to you to show some strength of conviction and get on with it. No
>need to sit and cry about you do not have the money. I am afraid this is a
>very good example of why little gets done on the change to better energy
>front, the use of cleaner energy or the general conservation of energy as
>there is just no conviction or personal responsibility being taken by folks
>like your self.

First, your last sentence, how do you know that? You're jumping to
conclusions, aren't you? And I think you're wrong. However, what
about folks like *your* self? Having made your accusations, you're
now beholden to state your own level of commitment and accomplishment
in this line. Or is it all just armchair stuff?

Second, aren't you being contradictory? You tell the guy to leave if
he doesn't like it there, and then slag him for not taking
responsibility when he doesn't? Change is not brought about by
dissidents leaving. Maybe he has the strength of conviction to stay,
eh?

I've had this experience, badly wanting to leave, go to a place where
some sort of relative sanity prevailed (and safety!), but I didn't
leave, like many others I stayed and fought what I didn't like and
couldn't live with, took my risks, managed to survive. Well, I had to
flee a few times, but each time I went back again once the dust had
settled and got on with it. And, indeed, we accomplished something.
Finally I did leave, when it became a matter of guns, not just
protest and underground work. The US hasn't reached that stage. The
US badly needs its dissidents.

Keith

>    I'd love to. If I had the money I'd leave in a split second. Next
>you'll probably say you'll start up a collection, but nothing will
>ever come of it, unfortunately.
>

>--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > Hi Harmon,
> >
> > Given that this is the way you feel about being an American why
>don't you
> > move to some other country that you would feel more comfortable in. I do
> > not think that there is anyone who would try to stop you and I am
>sure that
> > you will be welcome where you wish to go.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Vern
> >

> >                       "Harmon Seaver"
>
> >                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >                       manix.com>               cc:
>
> >                                                Subject:  [biofuel]
>Re: BP chief fears US will carve up Iraqi oil riches
> >                       11/01/02 06:18 PM
>
> >                       Please respond to
>
> >                       biofuel
>

> >     You know, the US is so disgustingly sick that I am really,
> > seriously, deeply ashamed to be an American.
> >    Washington, DC is the very epicenter of the Axis of Evil. May the
> > Goddess curse it into oblivion.

Home Selling? Try Us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QrPZMC/iTmEAA/jd3IAA/FGYolB/TM