--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], robert luis rabello <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hakan Falk wrote:

> Only in America!!!

    Actually, I live in Canada. . .  The pallets I used to cut up and burn came
from Quebec.  The hardwood baseboards we've just installed in our house came
from Chile.  It's not only a shame that hardwood is misused this way, but also
that it has to be shipped (at great energy cost) across the continent or the
oceans to get here.

    In defense of the industry, however, there are some pallets that require
hardwood because of the nature of the materials shipped upon them.  The stuff I
used to collect for burning carried huge spools of aluminum that would break a
softwood pallet.  It's what we do with them afterwards that's a bigger shame.

robert luis rabello
--- End forwarded message ---