--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Hakan Falk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Robert,

Keith talked about hardwood pallets in US land fills as six per American.
This means nearly 2 billion hardwood pallets in land fills. The shear size
of this made me quite upset. I know that the Americans are second best in
the world after the Canadians, in wasting energy resources. But dumping
2 billion hardwood pallets in landfills takes the price.

Here is at least one who see the light,

Shawn Zenor from http://www.imua-tour.com , Hawaii wrote:
<snip>
I reuse as many of them as I can for building furniture or small
projects- I'm sorry to say that you really can find some fine woods in
pallets- cedar, walnut, cherry, almost anything... it's crazy. I
seeing a few businesses in New Mexico that used reclaimed pallet wood
for furniture too.
<snip>

Hakan