--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, Kris Book <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hemp is the term used for the male and marijuana is the
> term used to describe the female cannabis plant. There are
> many subspecies but, all females are psychoactive and all
> males are not.

     Kris, this is total nonsense -- where ever did you get such a
silly idea? The leaves of the male pot plants will stone you just as
much as the leaves of the females. Growers usually kill the males only
because they don't want the females to go to seed, which reduces their
output, and because the males are rather sparsely leaved and don't
have any of the big flowers ("bud") that brings the highest price.
     And the females, neither flower nor leaves, of the hemp plants do
nothing at all no matter how much of them you smoke.
     If you don't believe me, try posting that comment on
alt.drugs.pot.cultivation once and see how much laughter it produces.
Of course, the purists there will tell you not to bother with the
leaves of either male *or* female, that only the bud is worthwhile,
but there are plenty of people who happily utilize the male leaves
while waiting for the females to mature.