--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, Odiksx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks alot for your info about converting "gasoline"
> engine to diesel engine. As a review; finding a diesel
> engine instead of converting is better...

I think the Olds 350 and the Chevy 5.7 Diesel are 2 different engines
that are being confused.
The Chevy 5.7 Diesel was junk, but a friend found a use for several
of them. He used the basic Diesel Engine, and installed Heads and
Intake Manifold from a Gasoline engine, and had what he called
a 'Bullet-proof 350'. I think he used 2 or 3 head gaskets stacked up,
to lower to compression ratio.

I can't give him the credit for the idea or the term. I think he got
the idea from one of his very many Hot Rod magazines. He did sell a
lot of them. The Diesels were very cheap in the junk yards, and
intake manifolds from a wide variety of years would fit them.

His current 'thing' is rebuilding 350 Chev Gasoline Engines using the
crankshaft from a 400cid engine. That increases displacement to
383CI, and really increases the torque with the longer throw on the
crankshaft. He installs these in 4X4 pickups for snowplowing and
towing applications.

Motie

Rent DVDs Online-No late fees! Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/XfSp7B/XlOFAA/46VHAA/FGYolB/TM