Reply Below

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, murdoch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Some interesting ideas Earl.  I'm going to take the liberty of
passing
> them along to a few other discussion areas.
>
> MM
>
> >Thanks for the post; it was a reasonable editorial.  It really
makes
> >me angry to to hear counter-criticisms like "denying freedom of
choice
> >to hundreds of thousands of sublimely happy SUV owners"
and "Alliance
> >against Fun."  These people just don't get it (because of course
our
> >government and media won't tell them the truth).  People shouldn't
> >have have the right to drive irresponsible cars just to please
> >themselves any more than they have the right to drive on the
sidewalk
> >for fun: they're both extremely dangerous.  Indeed the former is
in
> >the long run going to cause a lot more death.  So I would make the
> >case a little more forcefully:

What makes an SUV an irresponsible car?  Irresponsible drivers make
mistakes...  they are not sports cars and should not be driven as
one.

Otherwise....Extremely Dangerous offroad?  Are u nuts.. While there
is a danger is is very small for the avg. offroaders and the danger
is to the driver who chose to take the risk not bystanders.
Obviously the danger goes higher for off road speed racing but again
to the driver. It remains extremely low in the Rock Crawling
competitions.   ATV use is new relatively. The learning curve is
kicking it.  Their speeds are coming down and their good stewardship
of land they use is on the rise.

As an AVID offroader (Lightly published amateur journalist in
offroad circles, and Moderator of a well know hardcore 4x4 web site
[pirate4x4.com] I know of thousands of 4 wheelers that take pride in
their good stewardship of mother earth.  There are far less jerks
and uneducated offroaders and it is they that cause problems.
Unfortunately it is the Jerks and uneducated that are visible and
what opinions are based on.  The offroading world is working VERY
hard to reach the uneducated offroaders and to curb the Jerks.

I love my offroading adventures yet I see upcomming fuel problems.
My decision to go with Bio-Diesel/ Veg oil use is largely based on
wanting to do better for the economy and to further protect the land
I love to explore, Yeah protect... as in wont have to dig a new
wells for oil to provide my and other offroaders fuel needs.   And
the Veg oil use keeps the farmers working.