a lot of people I know who do this are actually non-gardeners (I would
poison myself if I ate what I could grow with the air pollution at my
house!), so the composting is just a disposal method, or a way for keeping
food scraps (and glycerine that you would add to such a pile) out of the
landfill. I've seen a few of biodieselers who had a 'dedicated' glycerine
compost pile- it doesn't take much space. Neutralizing seems like a good
idea, I almost wrote something to that effect in that post. By the time you
do the neutralizing the glycerine, though, it seems like such a useful
product it's a shame to waste it.
Mark