  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 3:22 PM
  To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
  Subject: [biofuel] Latest from my Pal

  IK suspect there's quite a bit of support for the latest from my US
  based English  pal...

  Fine The US is bad and everyone else is good. Bush didn't really get
  elected, he just scammed his way in and we were too busy eating
  burgers to notice. We don't really have a free press or opposition party
  to raise issues. We get our rocks off killing people around the world
  and are all part of a global conspiracy to steal everybody's natural
  resources because we are fed up paying for them.

  You can read the kind of information you are sending me in this
  country, its always there. Don't think it is exclusive information only
  available outside of the US.

  Should we learn to turn our back on oppressive regimes, stop being the
  biggest provider of aid? Should we forget about 20th century history
  and the lessons learnt. Isolationism took place in the '30's. Result
  WWII.

  People in America are appalled by the McCarthy era too, but if it wasn't
  for American pressure from 1944 to the Berlin wall coming down
  Russia would have taken over Europe. As it was a stalemate was
  produced, where the other side tired first. Was America perfect through
  that 45 year period? No. I think we get on better with Russia than
  Europe these days. What was the central issue? Communism versus
  Capitalism, just basic ideals. One system seems to work better than
  the other.

  Should America have forced a stalemate in Korea in the '50's? Was
  America naive getting into Vietnam as the French bailed in the early
  '60's? Should America have let Iraq have Kuwait?

  Do you think we don't know the US supported Iraq in the early '80's
  following the Iranian revolution when the two countries were fighting
  and Iran looked set to take over the middle east. Do you think we don't
  know that it is a miserable job trying to maintain some order in the
  middle east to stabilize oil prices upon which the world depends, not
  just the US which is less dependant than Europe. Do you think we
  protect Israel just to piss people off or do you think people here really
  worry about another holocaust.

  If America didn't threaten Iraq with war do you think Saddam would
  loose any sleep over UN sanctions?

  It appears to be a unifying force, hate America, clearly 9/11 was great
  for many. We did enjoy seeing the shots of people dancing in the
  streets in Palestine on the same day.

  The UN didn't act with Afghanistan. Should the US have gone in to put
  an end to the terrorist training camps there? Or do people believe that
  it was Bush making it all up with the help of Hollywood. Maybe Bush
  wanted to bring order back to the heroin trade because that's how he
  secretly funds his megalomania. Or maybe Bin Laden works for Bush,
  after we never got him, so that we'd have a good excuse to run around
  the world killing people out of a self manufactured sense of moral
  outrage.

  Who knows, I'd rather smoke p-- and chill.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor