It's nice to see, but let's be careful.  Going by the URL, we can see this
is reconstituted B.A.T. international.  I am less cynical about them than
others (I think at times they meant well) but I wouldn't go rushing out to
buy any stock in the new company.

The first time I ever heard about SSPC, Southern States Power (now declined
to 1/2 cent per share) was from a person at BAT, as SSPC apparently had
something to do with them.  At the time I think there was some petroleum
claim in the Gulf of Mexico which SSPC had something to do with.  Later we
see SSPC supposedly wanting to do the biofuel thing here in California and
I guess there's been some effort, so good.  But I'm just saying: let's see
the "Green Star" production numbers, when they have production.  B.A.T. had
every invention in sight that was going to change the world, including an
80 mpg diesel metro, powered by some strange engine advance, a wonderful
super duper lubricant, etc.  No, they weren't just a scam.  I personally
visited a plant in Mexico that they'd set up to build cars, and indeed it
was there and they were doing their best, if naively.

But I think they were too ambitious, not focused enough and there were many
bad signs.  I always took a company about to save the world with six
different inventions to be a bad sign.  I do think they were at times
*very* guilty of some of the worst sort of stock promotion.  One bad sign
was the el-bizarro amount of posting on stock-discussion boards about
B.A.T.  Later on this also was characteristic of SSPC (what a surprise).  I
didn't know this until there was a story in the Wall Street Journal about
alternative energy stock scams taking advantage of the energy issues,
particularly the crisis in California.  The Journal story pointed out that
there were dozens of thousands of posts about SSPC on a stock discussion
board, although the company only had reported revenues of something like
$32,000.  Sheesh.  The President replied that he agreed with the reporter
that the amount of interest in the company was not commensurate with its
activities.  I replied on my web page that I felt compelled to put them and
BAT both into a bit of an Alternative Energy Hall of Shame, given that the
President of SSPC and-or his secretary had taken compensation in SEVEN
figures for a company that had about $32,000 in revenues.

So anyway, by that time BAT was not any longer part of them, but I am just
skeptical until I see otherwise that this new incarnation of Mr. Lastella's
will prove fruitful.  However, I don't take it for granted that it won't.
I met him a couple of times, and Bill Wasson several times, and I think
they had some technical knowledge and some desire to put together a
company.  They need to focus and do it though, and cut out the stock market
focus and manipulation.  Just my opinion.

James, didn't you or someone else mention something about buying some
biofuel near San Diego from Bill Wasson?  Sometimes they'd balance out the
chance to write them off by actually doing something that took business
competence and follow-through.

MM

>Largest one in the nation (apparently):
>
>http://www.baat.com/pr03-02-24.htm
>

>James Slayden

New Yahoo! Mail Plus. More flexibility. More control. More power.
Get POP access, more storage, more filters, and more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/46VHAA/FGYolB/TM