> USA alone has 500,000 tons DU stockpiled.

Tom,

As the balance of my efforts have shifted from "waste to energy" (to be read
"incineration" of all types) to efficiency (to be read "coal fired power
plant issues") to converting FFAs to esters, I'm just a wee tad rusty on my
nukes.

Forgetting for a moment the whole idea of "Atoms for Peace," (whoever
thought that one up should be summarily shot) and disinformationalists who
have promised to eat an entire gram of plutonium to "disprove" concerns for
its toxicity  (when solid, not airborne)... just what useful purpose can
500,000 tons (1,000,000,000 pounds) (billion with a "b") of U238 be put
towards?

There has got to be something.

Todd Swearingen