My idea on a solar collector for BD involves running a heat
eschanger.  (disclaimer: I've been thinking about this for two
years and haven't built it yet, so it's all in my head and needs to
get taken with a greain of salt)
The reason for the heat exchanger idea is that there are a few
different points in the process which could benefit from heat and
it seems to me that flexibility would be useful in what you can
heat from your solar collector.
(preheating before dewatering, then possibly preheating before
making fuel (if you dewater on a different day) , heating wash
water for less emulsion formation, or heating a wash tank to
break an emulsion if it formed), or... all from one set of collecors.
It of course means either having a heat exhchanger that you
move in and out of a tank (I don' tlike this idea), or it means
having a manifold with valves that can direct the heat eschang
medium to different applications (more expensive parts-wise)
which is what I want to do.

The simplest system however is something like a batch water
heater- ie a large solar box cooker, with a barrrel of water or a
domestic water heater  painted black encased in it. the water
doesn't circulate in the simplest scenario, the whole batch gets
heated all at once and used up all at once . This setup gets
water quite hot, and it should work well for water or for oil.
Do a search on the internet and you should be able to find a few
deigns for this kind of solar batch water heater...
mark

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "Brent S" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> No pics or drawings of it, and I plan on changing the design a
bit too. And
> haven't figured out if I'll run the oil through it or run a heat
exchanger
> off of it to the oil. Ill post what I can when I get it finished.
> Brent
> Saskatchewan, Canada

Get A Free Psychic Reading!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aM1XQD/od7FAA/uetFAA/FGYolB/TM