On Wed, 21 May 2003 23:27:21 +0900, you wrote:

>Hi Hakan
>
>>Keith,
>>
>>It has gone so far, that I can not stand to hear
>>G. W. Bush talk on TV, without getting upset. I
>>learned to turned it off now.
>
>Never watch the horrible thing (other than the occasional video), so
>I've never heard him talk - lucky me!

An interesting policy.  Easier to practice from outside the U.S., but
still an accomplishment.  I had a similar policy in place with
President Clinton.  It just didn't interest me to watch or listen.
Seldom did.  And that's since '87 when he was first mentioned for the
White House and turned it down because his daughter was too young, or
some such.

>http://globalsecurity.com/archives/35_questions.htm
>35 QUESTIONS THAT WILL NEVER BE ASKED ABOUT IRAQ

I haven't really followed Ron Paul lately, but he is a former
Libertarian who I think is now labled a Republican, but apparently
still thinking for himself.

I can think of two other areas where my thinking might be applied.  In
the case of the SUV tax credit, it comes partly from the fact that I
*don't* want to have a knee-jerk anti-SUV position, and I don't want
to have a knee-jerk anti-Economic-Stimulous-package position.  But
these views are so much harder to maintain if the Administration is to
make a mockery of really trying to help the country by engaging in
such cronyism.

Likewise, I want to listen and consider real arguments for the choice
of Iraq as a battlefront, and I want to listen and consider real
arguments for drilling for Oil in ANWR.  Both points of view are made
so much harder for me to maintain when hypocrisy and cronyism rear
their heads.

An example would be the giant tax breaks  annually proposed for the
oil and gas industries .so that they could drill in ANWR.  If the
Administration *actually* wants to help bolster U.S. fuel production,
then they would cease these attempts to combine that battle with the
effort to loot the government of billions of dollars of taxpayer
monies.  So, I don't think they *actually* want to help bolster U.S.
fuel production.

If they *actually* were of single-minded determination to protect U.S.
citizens and other people from impending violence (a worthwhile goal
in my view, if true) then they have made it *much* more difficult to
believe this, in some ways, with some cronyism (such as the apparent
post-war less-competitive-than-warranted over-involvement of
Halliburton and other Oil companies specifically connected to the
Administration).  It just seems to be a payoff.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Get A Free Psychic Reading!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aM1XQD/od7FAA/uetFAA/FGYolB/TM