From: Robert Mills [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 3:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED];
[EMAIL PROTECTED]; biofuel@yahoogroups.com;
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [biofuel] Ammonia

NH 3, Anhydrous ammonia, refrigerant ammonia, It is all the same product
with differing amounts of allowable water in the product. The word anhydrous
means "without water". It has a boiling point of -21 deg F at atmospheric
pressure. The most common usage today for ammonia as a refrigerant is the
milk industry. It is further used by industries like Campbells Soups, and
the like.

Ammonia has an affinity for water and when possible, it will quickly go to
and join with water but when it does, large amounts of heat are released in
the process. This is the basic principal in the use of a system called
absorption refrigeration when the refrigerant is ammonia. The most common
type of system for most people to understand today is the gas refrigerator
in the RV.

Ammonia is corrosive to ferrous metals, copper, aluminum, brass, and  like
materials. All materials used must be good quality steel.

My previous question which so far has not been answered is "How is it made"?

It is made at the local "OIL" refinery as a byproduct of the production of
gasoline, propane, and like hydrocarbon products. It's primary large scale
usage today is agricultural, added to water while irrigating for the
nitrogen in the growing of crops.

Do we still want to use this product as an alternative energy ?????

Bob

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM