Hi Keith,

You cannot substitute 60 degrees C in a couple of weeks with 121 degrees in
30 minutes. You need such a high temperature to stop the fungus from
reproducing and denature(destroy) the enzymes responsible for converting
straw to glucose. By composting, you are creating culture medium for the
fungus and ultimately a  disaster.

regards,

Christopher