Keith et. al.-
I am using the single stage base process.  I make the fuel in roughly 150
gallon batches - totalling about 300 gallons a week right now.  What this will
do for us is to allow us to pursue a Bahamas Development Bank grant to
establish a locally owned and run biodiesel processing facility of roughly
double the size in the nearby settlement.  I think we will plan on putting a
business plan together for the Bank sometime in the next three months to help
biofuels claim a good portion of the total diesel market on Eleuthera (It is
quite small if you don't include the marinas - and the yacht owners are a tough
crowd to crack).  I'll keep you posted.

Regarding particular areas that I focused on - I would certainly say the wash.
I know people's opinions vary on this, but I cannot imagine not washing the
fuel.  I wash three times always for about 2 days each wash.  It takes a bit of
time, but the air pump just runs off of a solar panel with a small battery bank
- and I have the time to wait.  I also use 22% methanol - I haven't played
around with this much, so I am not sure how that volume is affecting my fuel.

I am very interested in finding out what sort of modification might need to be
done to a jet or turbo prop engine to help it run on biodiesel.  I will look
into the link you sent James, and if anyone else has any other ideas, I'd love
to hear them.

CHeers,
Jack

James Slayden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Capstone power generation turbines can run on biodiesel, so I assume that
the mod for jet engines wouldn't be that difficult.

http://www.microturbine.com/technology/specsheets.asp

James Slayden

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Keith Addison wrote:

> That's GREAT news!!!
>
> Well done! Multiple :-) 's!
>
> Jack, remind me please - which process are you using? And what are
> your plans now you've "made the grade"?
>
> Jet engines... rings a vague bell, but I don't know. Interesting.
>
> All best
>
> Keith
>

> >Hey All - just thought I would let you all know that I just received
> >my results from the ASTM tests and we passed all categories.  Just
> >another good example of a homebrewer in a remote setting (Bahamas)
> >making spec-grade biofuel!
> >
> >One other question:  has anyone ever done any testing for using
> >biodiesel in a jet engine?  Jet fuel is so close to diesel fuel, I
> >was wondering if anyone had done the research.
> >
> >Thanks.
> >Jack
> >Jack Kenworthy
> >Sustainable Systems Director