I am determined to get cost to the absolute minimum.  I live in the boonies and
have plenty of wood to heat the oil directly or with a heat exchanger in the
oil tank. What about heating the water with raw WVO mixed with a little
processed biofuel or heat the oil directly using WVO and BIO?

Appal Energy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> > You can Buy a Wrap aroud heater that
is made for 55 Gal drums.  They
> > have a temp control  and
> > setting so you can control temp. they cost about 200. Good investment
> > for person that dosn't have time or no how to build  one out of old
> > parts. Jim Allen

Really need a good circulator with these. Always run them on their low
amperage setting to prevent boiling wherever the band contacts the drum. And
there is the distinct disadvantage of them shorting out in a spectacular
fashion.

Not a pretty thought in the presence of combustibles.

I've used them for a little over ten years on 30 gallon drums filled with
beeswax for candle making  - 155* to 190*F and they can get much hotter.

I think I'd first recommend a hot water circulating pump and copper-tubed
heat exchanger plumbed into a residential hot water supply (or a well
removed tank of water with a natural gas or propane burner under it).

About the same cost for a pump, copper, a few gate valves and a backflow
valve a foot or so before the cold water intake into the H20 heating tank.

Todd Swearingen

> > You can Buy a Wrap aroud heater that is made for 55 Gal drums.  They
> > have a temp control  and
> > setting so you can control temp. they cost about 200. Good investment
> > for person that dosn't have time or no how to build  one out of old
> > parts. Jim Allen
>
> Good point.
>
> Got a link?
>

> AP