>Heard a statistic on the radio today. Americans now have more cars than
>drivers. Each household has 1.9 cars and 1.8 drivers. Interesting.
>Brent

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=542&ncid=718&e=9&u=/ap
/20030829/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/outnumbered_by_cars
Cars, Trucks Now Outnumber Drivers
Fri Aug 29, 6:19 PM ET
By LESLIE MILLER, Associated Press Writer
WASHINGTON - For the first time, the typical American family has more
vehicles in the garage than licensed drivers in the house.
[more]

Figures from I think two years ago:

USA - Number of People per Motor Vehicle: 1.3
Germany - Number of People per Motor Vehicle: 1.9
France - Number of People per Motor Vehicle: 1.9
Japan - Number of People per Motor Vehicle: 1.8
Australia - Number of People per Motor Vehicle: 1.7
India - Number of People per Motor Vehicle: 142.9
Sudan - Number of People per Motor Vehicle: 100

... and so on.

Best

Keith

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511