Mike,

Then I understand you a lot better and think it is a very good idea.
Otherwise the 20 gallon/month will just be enough for the need of hot
water for a family of 8-10 persons. If it is to rise temperature or
backup in a solar system it is an other thing. The waste incinerator
will give you quite a lot more, if you use it to heat water at the
restaurant.

By already having the large hot water storage, that is normal for solar,
you only have to fire up the burner once, when needed. This make
it more feasible, since you otherwise have to design a control system
also, with automatic start/stop of the burner.  Now you can have a
simple thermostat-clock-bell, who tells you at a specified time if the
storage temperature is too low and that you need to fire up.

Hakan

At 01:42 AM 9/20/2003, you wrote:
>Salui Hakan!
>What I really should have said is that we have installed solar, but I was
>thinking of WVO as a "backup" as opposed to electric heating.
>I also thought of providing the same restaurant with hot water, so they will
>get a better grease removal from the plates....
>
>Mike
>JAMAICA

If you want to take a look on a project
that is very close to my heart, go to:
http://energysavingnow.com/
http://hakan.vitools.net/ My .Net Card
http://hakan.vitools.org/ About me
http://vitools.com/ My webmaster site
http://playa.nu/ Our small rental activities

"No flag is large enough to cover the shame of
killing innocent people" -- Howard Zinn

"Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years.
We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may
wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm
wrinkles the soul." - Unknown

"Democracy is the worst possible system, except for
all the others." - Churchill

Special Sale: 50% off ReplayTV
Easily record your favorite shows!
CNet Ranked #1 over Tivo!