  From: robert luis rabello
  To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2003 7:56 PM
  Subject: Re: [biofuel] Mailbox flood

  Keith Addison wrote:

  > Do they come from various sources? All these I'm referring to concern
  > one member, [EMAIL PROTECTED] Who's now gone. Hopefully. He only
  > joined mid-September, so I don't think your problem can relate to him.

      No, I think it's not from him.  We got spammed from someone using a
  Microsoft "look alike" address with an attachment that my sweetheart
  opened, and it's been downhill since then. . .

  > >I'm also getting regularly attacked by the
  > >Swen.32 worm, even though I'm using Netscape instead of Outlook.  I
  > >don't know where the worm is coming from, but the thing is tenacious
  > and
  > >persistent!
  >
  > Sympathies, but rest assured it's not coming from the Biofuel list -
  > not possible, ASCII messages only and no attachments.

      Yes, that's a blessing!

  > the only way to prevent that is not to do email
  > at all. Or not use M$ stuff at all, including Windows. Yes, sure, as
  > they say, keep all your security stuff updated and in order, but is
  > that really 100% effective?

      Clearly not!  My anti virus software normally picks these things up,
  but this time it didn't happen.

  > And who needs the hassle?

      In moments of non Christianity, I imagine doing terrible things with
  a fork to the originator of the malicious code!

  > >    I'm almost ready to reformat my hard drive and start over!
  >
  > With Linux or something maybe? Could be worth it.

      Ah, but I have SO MUCH to do as it is!  Tomorrow, I'm re routing the
  intake system and installing the serpentine belt that will bring my
  truck's supercharger online.  Then there's the ongoing investigation
  into "home brew" wood gas fuel I've been toying with for some time
  because my "ethanol from sawdust" interest has turned out to be on the
  shady side of legal here in British Columbia--though it would be
  considerably easier (and likely less expensive) to modify my fuel system
  to run ethanol rather than compressed wood gas.

       I have an organic Rankine cycle engine project that sits undone.  I
  have an interesting idea for a Siemens style fluidyne engine that would
  probably work nicely as a heat pump, and it too, sits as a collection of
  parts in my garage.  Window quilts for this winter have yet to be
  finished and installed because of the all too human tendency to neglect
  tasks needed to keep warm in the winter when it's so ridiculously hot
  outside and the forests around B.C. are burning. . .

      For most of the summer, I've been battling against this nasty little
  plant known locally as "horsetail" that grows vigorously in the poor
  excuse for soil that covers my property.  I have a retaining wall that
  needs building, as well as planting beds for next spring's garden.  My
  sweetheart would like a pond in the back yard, but in the mean time our
  fruit trees have been faring poorly.  (Dead soil, dry conditions and
  insect pests!)
  My compost bin is an utter failure that seems to breed fruit flies much
  faster than it's producing good compost, so I'm ready to break down and
  buy a load of decent top soil as a means to expediting the soil building
  process on my lot.

      On top of this, I have to work, maintain a relationship with my
  loving wife, contribute to the function and service of our church, AND
  raise children.  (This also includes all of the ridiculous socialization
  training that goes with equipping young boys to work out their problems
  without killing one another in the process--meetings with teachers,
  principals, the school psychologists and other, irate parents!)

      At the risk of sounding like I'm complaining about what is a better
  life than most of humanity dreams of living, I simply don't need the
  hassle of learning a new operating system!  That's why people like me
  continue to use Windows--it's a known set of problems!

      Ok, I'm done with my ranting now.  We can go back to talking about
  biofuels. . .

  robert luis rabello
  "The Edge of Justice"
  Adventure for Your Mind