you know , I am an organic chemist and occasionally am pressed into
service to teach biochemistry.  I had no idea that silica was important
in human physiology.  and neither apparently do the authors of major
biochemistry or physiology text books- those which are used to train
physicians and medical researchers. If in fact it is important, one
would think that it would be common knowledge.  Gosh., do you think that
traces of silica would strengthen the pistons in my aging diesel-  it
makes about as much sense.

I for one would like references on the specific physiological role of
silica before spending a dime on your herbs.

>>"Horsetail Herb " Equisetum arvense ", The primary
>>uses of horsetail revolve
>>around its wealth of mineral content and,
>>especially, its silica content.
>>Silica is very important to the body, our hair,
>>bones and nails. Though
>>richly available in the Earth crust this inorganic
>>form is not well used by
>>the body. The best sources of usable silica are
>>plants, and, of the plants,
>>horsetail is by far the best."

Bob Allen, Professor of Chemistry        http://ozarker.org/bob
"Some scientists claim that Hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is
the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there
is more stupidity than Hydrogen, and that is the basic building block
of the universe." - Frank Zappa

---

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511