MM,

I think they are only used in buses or trucks for HEV applications due to
their output. These are either 30 or 60 kW turbines. They can be grouped in
sets of up to 100 units working together for non-HEV applications. That was
why I made the comment about downsizing. Currently, they are too large for
what I would want for a single home or a small vehicle. But, the technology
looks 'perfect,' if they could be downsized.

Poke around the site at www.microturbine.com They have some white papers that
deal with emissions, etc. They might have what you are looking for concerning
efficiency, which I think is a good point relative to the fuel cells, and one
I hadn't thought of. If I am reading the chart properly, electrical
efficiency is between 25% and 30% for the 30kW turbine, depending on fuel.
Efficiency would go up if the exhaust heat is used in a cogen for stationary
applications, but I don't see any figures for that.

Derek

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511