You know Maud,

There is a difference between claiming to be able to make bread from scratch
and then going to the kitchen and using your Champion bread processor. 'Bout
like someone claiming to brew their own beer but using a "kit-in-a-can"
instead of whole grain.

"There are those that do," and then "there are those that don't." And
everyone knows precisely why people "don't."

What you're promoting is a philosophy of the impossible, which will
apparently make you happy but not until.

This is the processor that you're describing: "Make it so I don't have to
think. Give me a 10 year, 10,000 gallon warranty. Guarantee UL testing and
then make sure you're liabiility insurance is up to date so that when I
choose to not think, crack a nail or light my Virginia Slim in the presence
of an open (albeit colorfully wrapped in decorative warning colors,
conveniently sized and over-packaged) 32 ounce bottle of methanol, I can sue
your ass off!"

Build a processor that is as safe and efficient as a washing machine? In a
few hours no less? In case you didn't notice, that's where things are
heading. Although it's rather doubtful that the assembly line will be as
large as a Whirlpool factory in an exploited and impoverished "free trade"
region. Even then, there remains one minor gap in your suggestion. Someone
still has to put the dungarees on and get dirty collecting the grease. I
know (splutter, fuss!) that's not automatic!

Okay already. Maybe you can pick up a ratchet and change your crankcase oil
faster than a terrier can pull a trailing hambone off an ox cart. But you'll
never be able to put your processor in the cubby hole next to your
breadmaker so that you can "inhale the fumes...safely." Reality is that it
will always be more Feng Shui lined up beside your lawnmower and wheelbarrow
than your Cuisinart.

In all do seriousness? (Which I thought I was already.) If it's push-button
convenience that you're looking for, you'll probably need to switch channels
to the QVC home shopping network, where beyond any doubt whatsoever someone
will eventually try and pawn off a "no brains, no batteries required"
processor. "It slices. It dices. And this Ronco/Ginsu biodiesel processor
can be yours for the remarkable price of 9,999 dollars and 99 cents." (Oil,
alcohol, catalysts, freight and liability insurance not included, of
course.)

(Oh damn! People already thought of that and are selling half-arsed and
incomplete processors on the internet for quadruple what they're worth.)

The information is out there Maud. Much of it you've already seen. The only
thing that is required of you in order to get that information to solidify
is to make a gallon or two of fuel on your kitchen counter top (right next
to your breadmaker if you like) and get familiar with the mechanics of
making and washing.