Good luck finding a "scrap" Harley

Thanks primarily to RUB's buying up all the new production, even a
basket-case HD will set you back a couple grand.  (For the uninitiated,
a RUB pronounced "rube" is a Rich Urban Biker generally a doctor,
attorney, accountant or other white collar professional who transports
his bike to rallies on a trailer.)

Anyway, Harleys are overpriced and overrated.  Your best bet for a
diesel conversion is to go with an older Japanese bike.  They are cheap,
well made, and readily available.  I would even venture to say that you
might able to scrounge one for free.  After all, who wants to buy a
Japanese motorcycle with a blown engine?

The Enfields are intriguing, and there is already information out there
about installing a Hatz diesel in them.

Good luck.

-BRAH