  From: Walt Patrick
  To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 19:11
  Subject: Re: [biofuel] Methanol

        No. I expect it would work, but I'd rather use something which wasn't a
  flammable.

  >What I was wondering, would it be easier to convert biomass to
  >Ethanol, then with  electricity, convert the Ethanol to syngas?

        I can't see how. Our reason for making methanol is to be able to
generate
  a liquid automotive fuel from renewable resources already available on our
  land. If one has ethanol, then why not just run one's car on that?

  Walt

To visit your group on the web, go to: