Hi there!

I'm new to the list and I thought I'd drop a line and say hi to everyone!

I live in Kitimat BC, and coincidentally I work at Methanex, the world's
largest producer of methanol.  We also make ammonia at our plant here from the
purge (excess) hydrogen from the methanol plant.  I worked at the plant in
Medicine Hat, Alberta, and then I got transferred to Kitimat when the other
plant shut down.

So, needless to say I won't have any problem finding a bit of methanol (for
well under $2 a litre!!).  If anyone has any questions about how it's made (I
saw the post about it just now from Rob and Teoman), just drop me a line.
Also, since I have an ingrained safety ethic from where I work, if anyone needs
any MSDS's (material safety data sheets) for methanol, or ANY chemical for that
matter, just let me know.  Part of having these chemicals, especially around
the house, is that you (and everyone using them) know everything you can about
them, and have the information available.  Label all of your chemicals (not
just with the name...also include the "hazard" symbols or words) and have the
sheets in a binder (labelled) nearby!!  You are liable if someone stops in and
decides to have a drink of your unlabelled methanol!

On that thought, I must just go ahead and post them anyways in a couple of days.

So, hello again and talk to you soon!

Chris
'biofuel newbie'