<x-charset ISO-8859-1>Just wondering what other people are using to mix up the
lye and
methanol with.  Seems that I read alot about putting it in a sealed
container to avoid fumes... but then how do you mix it up?  Just shake
it around or do you need to have some sort of sealed mixed in the
carboy??!  Does that do enough?

The "Foolproof" method notes that "... It's nasty stuff and it's not
easy to mix -- and it must be thoroughly mixed before you use it, with
all the lye dissolved" and goes on to note that you just give it a
series of swirls and then let it sit.  Is that enough to thoroughly mix
it?!  Sounds good to me if so as I was planning on having to mix up
several small batches in my blender and then pouring them into a
container together, sealing that and then having it gravity fed through
a tube into the processor.  So,... just pour, shake thoroughly, and
drain..?!.

Also, does the base vs acid process demand more or less thorough
mixing?  Any thoughts out there?

- Paul

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511