Dag Pieter

Nice to hear from you again, glad you're out of hospital safe and
sound. Only 2,000 messages and you didn't read every single one of
them immediately?? Shame on you! LOL!

>Weet ik, maar het wordt er wel steeds lastiger op, of kun jij nog volop
>gratis krijgen ?

So what are you having to pay for it now (WVO)? I thought the price
went down following the BSE scare, didn't it? And now it's going up
again because of increasing use of PPO? In your first message, when
you mentioned oil merchants, I thought you meant companies processing
virgin oil for use as fuel. Do they also process WVO, or are the
waste oil collecters also putting their prices up?

You do make rather large quantities of biodiesel all at once though,
maybe it'd be easier to get hold of smaller quantities of WVO and
make it more often?

I think there were some responses to your earlier question on using
ethanol in a diesel. These might help:

http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/29193/1

http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/30061/1

> > >However, there is still enough sawdust for free.
> > >Can I just mix ethanol with BD, or can I run my diesel on strait ethanol
>?
> > >What would be the effects to the environment ? I would think it burns
> > >cleaner than BD ?

There's been some work in Australia (and elsewhere?) on this. You
might find this interesting:
http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuels-biz/835/1

There's also the ACREVO study on vegoil, which has interesting things
to say about ethanol blends, and this thread:
http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuels-biz/3098/1

I know you were asking previously about how much sulphuric acid to
use in making ethanol from sawdust. I think the answer is "enough" -
I doubt a rule-of-thumb amount would work very well, considering how
variable the feedstock will inevitably be.

But I'd be interested to know if you could do it economically - would
the value of the ethanol outweigh the cost of the sulphuric? (Leaving
aside time and labour etc.)

Best wishes

Keith

>Met vriendelijke groeten,